Call to submit abstracts for papers/posters to be presented at the Creative Circular economy Approaches to Eliminate Plastics Waste Conference on 8th - 9th June 2020 in Sheffield.
The Grantham Centre for Sustainable Futures invites PRIF project group members and stakeholders to submit abstracts for a paper or poster to be written for or presented at the Creative Circular Economy Approaches to Eliminate Plastics Waste Conference on 8th – 9th June 2020 in Sheffield. The meeting will bring together scientists, engineers, social scientists, researchers from the arts and humanities and other interested parties from academia, industry and government to discuss innovations and advances in the circular economy for plastics.
The meeting will provide a forum for discussion around five important themes
- “The Plastics Problem” perceptions and misconceptions
- Fossil and bio-sourced plastics
- Synthesis of Environmental Risks and Life Cycle Analyses
- Business and social models
- Supply chains and behaviour change
Papers should be written in the style of an opinion piece, must be interdisciplinary and where possible should use non-specialist language. Detailed science and data can be presented in the poster session.
Abstract submission deadline: 15th December 2019
Conference registration opens: 1st January 2020
Notification of selected abstracts: 31st January 2020
Deadline for accepted authors to confirm attendance: 14th February 2020
Deadline for accepted authors to register: 21st February 2020
Conference registration closes: 1st May 2020
Paper submission deadline: 1st May 2020
Submission and selection process:
PRIF projects members and stakeholders, who wish to present either a paper or a poster at the conference, are required to submit an abstract for review by 15th December following the submission guidelines set out below. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board and the successful authors will be notified on 31st January 2020. The authors will receive guidelines and templates for writing the paper at the same time.
To submit an abstract, please fill in the abstract template without changing any of the formatting. Abstracts that are incorrectly formatted will not be reviewed.
- Title of the abstract: The title should make clear what the paper/poster will be about, but can be as entertaining as you like. (Word limit: 15).
- Name, organisation, and job title of first author. This person will act as the main contact for this abstract and will be listed as the presenter of the paper.
- Name, organisation, and job title of co-authors
- Abstract: The abstract should provide clear information about the content of the paper and its research outcomes. If you include any references, please follow the instructions on the template. The abstract is limited to one page.
- Keywords: Please add up to five key words that best describe your paper/poster.
- Presenter Bio(s). Please provide some details about you: your work experience, your current role and hobbies if you like. (Word limit: 100)
After completing the abstract template, save the file as: surname_name_01.docx. If submitting more than one abstract for the conference, increase the final number: 02, 03, etc.
The abstract template can be viewed and downloaded here.
Please send the file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject being either ‘Abstract PRIF Conference – Paper-insert session number stated above’ or ‘Abstract PRIF Conference – Poster’. The submission deadline is 15th December 2019.