A reminder about the Poster Competition taking place at GRIPS 2021 - deadline of 7th March.
You are now able to submit posters for the Global Research & Innovation in Plastics Sustainability (GRIPS) Conference, taking place 16th – 18h March 2021.
If you choose to do so, posters are requested to be a single PowerPoint slide which summarises your innovation and its impacts on future use and disposal of plastics. Entrants will also be asked to submit a 250 word statement about the work.
Your poster will be guaranteed to be displayed at the event as part of the exhibition for delegates to view (and for you to signpost people to during the event).
Your poster will also be reviewed by an expert panel with the best 6 being invited to present during the conference at 09:30-10.30 on 18th March in a session hosted by IOM3 Polymer Society, and a winner selected for the IOM3 Polymer Group Award – for innovations in plastics sustainability. This final award will be presented on the closing day, the winner will receive £100 plus a virtual registration to PVC 2021 (value £800+ VAT).
The deadline for submissions is 7th March – details on how to submit your poster can be found here.
If you haven’t already, please do register to attend GRIPS 2021 here.
Call for e-poster contributions:
Prospective authors are kindly encouraged to contribute to and help shape the conference as well as the knowledge of the international research community through submissions of their research abstracts and e-posters.
We welcome contributions that address themes and topics of the conference, including research on:
- Design of sustainable plastic products or products containing plastics
- Sustainable Materials (e.g. bio-materials innovation, compostables,…)
- Sustainable solutions for plastic in packaging, construction, agriculture, textiles&fashion (synthetic textiles and microfibres), healthcare and medical applications, etc.
- Sustainble Manufacturing
- Business models to encourage plastics circularity
- Social studies to understand behaviours and develop interventions towards plastics circularity
- Waste management: tracking and tracing
- End-of life solutions (e.g. recycling, re-pair, …)
- Use of AI, Robotics and Big Data to reduce plastic pollution
Guidelines for authors (eligibility criteria):
To meet the conference’s guidelines for accepting poster contributions authors are required to submit an abstracts and e-posters include the following information:
- A brief introduction to your research,
- Its potential application and/or contribution (impact) towards reducing or eliminating problematic plastic waste.
- Summary of research results and their impact so far.
Deadline for submissions is 7th March – to be uploaded here. Please include your email address (and an email address for your academic supervisor if a student) in your statement document. Ensure all files are clearly labelled with your name and organisation for tracking. All submitted contributions meeting the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by a panel of experts.
The winner of the best e-poster contribution will be announced on the closing day of the conference. Prizes are kindly sponsored by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3). The winner will receive £100 cash prize.
To find out more about GRIPS please click here.