The ISCF Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) Business-led R&D Competition is an £8m fund looking for bold, ambitious projects that address problems related to plastic packaging for consumer products. It’s open to collaborations and businesses working alone.
Join us on 24th March 2021 from 10:00 – 12:00 for the briefing event for this competition. The event is hosted by KTN and the UK Circular Plastics Network.
The event will set out the scope of the competition and how to apply, ahead of the competition’s launch on 6th April 2021. Hear from speakers from KTN & UKCPN, Innovate UK and WRAP, who will run through the background of the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge, the Plastic Pact targets and more. There will also be an opportunity to put questions to the team.
The Business-led R&D competition complements the SSPP Demonstrator Projects Round 2 competition but with some key differences:
- if your idea is not ready to fully scale up,
- if you still have work to do to explore the concept or technology and quantify its potential to a greater extent prior to large-scale commercial demonstration,
- and your idea could still meet the criteria listed below and meaningfully deliver against the UK Plastics Pact targets in the fullness of time
… then the SSPP Business-led R&D competition might be for you.
The competition forms part of the ISCF Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge, which will develop a new generation of advanced and sustainable plastic packaging to reduce single-use plastics, increase recyclability and the amount of plastic packaging that is recycled and ultimately reduce the amount of plastic waste entering the environment.
- 10:00 – Introduction | KTN
- 10:10 – SSPP background, Scope and Content of the BLR&D call | IUK
- 10:30 – Plastic pact targets | WRAP
- 10:40 – How to apply into the call | IUK Comps team
- 11:00 – Break
- 11:05 – Key messages | IUK SSPP team
- 11:30 – Q&A session
- 12:00 – Close