Save the Date for UKCPN's flagship virtual event, Global Research and Innovation in Plastics Sustainability (GRIPS) 2021, taking place 16th - 18th March.
The UK Circular Plastics Network is delighted to announce its flagship event for 2021, Global Research and Innovation in Plastics Sustainability (GRIPS).
GRIPS is a virtual event taking place from 16th – 18th March, hosted by UKCPN and organised by KTN. The event is supported by Innovate UK, EPSRC and UKRI. It’s the first global conference for innovation in plastics sustainability.
Global Research and Innovation in Plastics Sustainability is a conference, exhibition and showcase that will be held on 16th – 18th March 2021 online. Its aim is to bring together companies and individuals to highlight the best of the UK and selected international activities which will lead to plastics and persistent polymers being less likely to reach landfills, end up incinerated, or become fugitive in the environment.
Research and innovation from both the academic and industrial community will be showcased. The event will provide a platform to help develop commercial success of these developments and build links within the polymer/plastics supply chain to strengthen the offer to UK and wider international actors in application sectors such as plastic packaging/FMCG, construction, agriculture, textiles, healthcare, etc. There will also be an exhibition and networking platform for attendees.
This will be the UK’s biggest sustainability in plastics research and innovation event of 2021 and sets the scene to grow the conference internationally over the coming years.
There will be:
- An exhibition and conference.
- Online attendee networking platform.
- An academic speaker programme of cutting-edge research in plastics, including behaviour change and business modelling.
- A business led programme of innovations in plastic sustainability.
- A pitching event – highlighting a portfolio of UK funded projects and selected International projects.
- A seminar session showcasing Research Councils support for plastics and polymers research.
- A student poster session
- An investment panel will be hosted during the show, where potential investable ideas will be presented.
More information will be released in due course, with a call for abstracts, exhibitor and delegate information, as well as media partner packages being announced shortly. Keep up to date via the UKCPN and KTN websites, as well as our usual social media channels.