KTN is recruiting for 2 posts for Knowledge Transfer managers for Marine Plastics.
KTN is seeking to recruit two exceptional individuals to help deliver project activities aimed at developing an understanding of the research and innovation initiatives in a number of targeted countries to solve the problem of marine plastic waste. This role will be full time for 3 months (April 2021 – June 2021).
The role will provide research and analytical capability and strategic expertise in the field of waste management and marine litter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of an existing marine plastics project, including:
- Strategic priorities, relevant roadmaps and policies influencing/driving the marine plastics research & innovation (R&I) agenda in a number of targeted countries
- Recent, current and/or future R&I initiatives to tackle marine plastic pollution in each target country
- Mapping of the key organisations and stakeholders in marine plastics R&I in each target country
- Benchmarking of marine plastics R&I in a target country against a given set of research themes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical qualification (PhD or equivalent) and experience in oceanography, waste management or materials science/engineering
- Technical and business experience at a senior level in one or more of the focused areas of materials sustainability, plastics waste management and marine pollution
- Experience of working internationally, across sectors and disciplines
- Experience of government policies and research and innovation strategies.
- High level of IT literacy and organisational skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver societal impacts through collaborative partnerships
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment
- Strong communicator with well-developed written and verbal skills, able to translate complex topics for a broad audience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities of diverse stakeholders in different countries.
- This role has a salary between £38,000 and £48,000 pa pro rata for the 3 month contract dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays pro rata for the contract
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Tuesday 30th March 2021 . Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your resumé outlining your experience.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will continue to be Remote, home-based with UK travel expected. Salary is between £38,000 and £48,000 pa pro rata for the 3 month contract dependent on experience.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will continue to be Remote, home-based with UK travel expected.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Applications are to be received by the March 30, 2021